Prepare for Leadership Careers in Sports, Fitness, and Athletics
- 505,000 new management jobs through 20291
- $67,677 median annual wage for facilities managers2
- 12% growth in coaching and scouting jobs through 20293
Sports management professionals play an essential role in the sports world at every level, overseeing the business and promotional efforts of athletic organizations and athletes.
With the B.S. in Sport Management from Greenville University, you can pursue a wide range of sport management careers, including those in coaching, athletic administration, marketing, sports information, sports law, and more.
Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Manager
Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers lead teams of marketing or advertising professionals in developing strategies that generate interest and drive sales. In the sports and athletics field, these business professionals often work closely with teams and players, creating campaigns that attract fans and sponsorships to boost revenue and increase brand awareness.
Athletic directors are employed by schools, universities, or community sports organizations. They oversee all athletic activities, carry out administrative tasks, and manage athletic department staff. Depending on the type of organization, athletic directors may also help recruit players and coaches. By ensuring facilities run efficiently, equipment is maintained, and compliance regulations are met, these sports professionals are critical to organizational success.
Additional careers with a sports management degree:
- Athletic trainer
- Business development coordinator
- Facilities manager
- Fitness manager
- Public relations specialist
- Sales manager
Request More Information
Our enrollment team is here to answer your questions and provide additional details about the online programs available from Greenville University. Complete the form to get started.
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Ability to work in professional sports fields in leadership roles
- Gain well-rounded business skills in effective communication, critical thinking, managing people
- Networking skills and industry connections from your internship experience
Greenville University is here to support you during your program and after graduation.
Contact the Office of Career Services at (618) 664–6655 for more information.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Management Occupations. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/home.htm.
- Payscale.com. Average Facilities Manager Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Facilities_Manager/Salary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Coaches and Scouts. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/entertainment-and-sports/coaches-and-scouts.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm.
- Payscale.com. Average Athletic Director Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Athletic_Director/Salary.