About Greenville University
Greenville University has been educating students for lives of professional fulfillment and service for more than a century. Our faith-based academic programs develop the whole person, so students thrive intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually.
The award-winning online degree options available from Greenville are flexible and affordable, designed for adult learners, and delivered in a convenient format.
When you graduate with a degree from us, you will be prepared to make a positive impact in your workplace, your community, and the world.
Why Choose Greenville University
- Academic Excellence: We deliver an integrated learning experience with a holistic approach that builds character, expands perspectives, and develops global awareness.
- Christ-Centered Education: Our faith informs everything we do. We empower our students to make an impact as responsible citizens with unique gifts and strong character.
- Affordability: We are proud to offer competitive tuition and were named among the Top 10 Online Colleges in Illinois for 2020 by Affordable Colleges Online.
- Flexibility and Support: Greenville programs are designed for working professionals and delivered in a convenient format with personal support from our experienced faculty.
Greenville University has been accredited since 1947 by the Higher Learning Commission as an institution granting the bachelor’s degree, and since 1996 granting the master’s degree. For more information and the link to our page from the Higher Learning Commission, click here.
Our education programs offering initial teacher certification are accredited through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
The Briner School of Business at Greenville University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs click here.
Greenville is consistently recognized for its academic quality and affordability.
Affordable Colleges Online: Top 10 Online Colleges in Illinois
Best Colleges: Best Online Programs in Illinois
Online Christian Colleges: Top 50 Best Christian Graduate Schools Online
OnlineU: Most Affordable Online Colleges
Affordable Colleges Online: Best Online Master’s in Special Education
Value Colleges: Top 25 Best Value Online Master’s in Management
More than 125 years of academic excellence
Continuous accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission since 1947
Greenville is ranked no. 2 in the state for online tuition affordability (AC Online)
Greenville University empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies.
Greenville University believes that God created each of our students to uniquely shape the world.
- Offer a transformational Christ-centered educational experience that empowers, enriches, and endures;
- Focus on the development of the whole person so that each student thrives spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, relationally, and physically;
- Inspire our students to embrace God’s Call;
- Give our work as worship and welcome the presence of the risen Christ to fill us, equip us, and send us.
This is Greenville University, and we invite you to join our community.
At Greenville, we believe in seven core values that allow us to provide students with academic excellence grounded in faith.
- Faith-Based Education
Jesus Christ longs for everyone to come to Him in faith, grow in Him, and help others do the same. We believe that each student deserves an opportunity to respond to this Good News.
- Integrated Learning
Students embrace learning that is personal, rigorous, and engages diverse cultures and ideas. Our world-class instructors guide them to think critically and creatively through a Christian lens.
We commit to building on our history of innovative problem solving by imagining education as it applies to evolving global issues and equipping students accordingly.
Jesus is our model for character. We invite students to understand Christian character as a key to unlocking the unique gifts God gives them for influence and service.
Healthy people create healthy institutions. We strive to cultivate a healthy workplace that thrives financially, spiritually, intellectually, relationally, and physically.
Christ calls us to a lifestyle of service, giving our time, talent, and resources to glorify Him and bring others to Him. We empower students to develop hearts for the kind of service that impacts the surrounding culture.
Strong communities create lasting bonds, multiply opportunities for future generations, and leave spiritual legacies for subsequent generations. They result when people work together to build each other up.
Greenville University, formerly Greenville College, was founded in 1892 by the Free Methodist Church with the intent to provide a distinctive, Christ-centered university education for men and women.
The university’s first president, Wilson T. Hogue, used the motto “education for character” to describe the university’s purpose. Its mission 125 years later – empowering students for lives of character and service – echoes that purpose.